Private wine tasting parties can take place in the comfort of your own home, or in an one of our many selected venues, and make an ideal gift to mark a special birthday, anniversary or simply as an alternative way to entertain guests.
The tastings are fun, informal and entertaining but also educational with the presentation style pitched at the right level for the group, whether experts or novices. Guests come away having had a wonderfully educational and fun evening while tasting delicious and unusual wines.
Albany Events tailor-makes each tasting to meet the individual requirements of each client. For more informal evenings, a range of themes might include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Introduction to tasting – 8 to 10 wines, exploring the grapes and regions of the world.
- An English Tipple – a voyage of discovery of English wines. A revelation!
- Exploring the New World ( inc Australia, New Zealand, South America, South Africa)
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine tasting.
- Themed Tasting – focusing on a region or a grape variety.
- Food & Wine Matching – cheese or chocolate paired with a range of wines.
For a one-off event or a more unique evening, a range of specialist themes might be worth considering:
- Fine Wine Tasting – a flight of wines from Champagne, Burgundy, Bordeaux etc
- ‘The Châteaux Tasting’ – a unique experience focusing on one producer and how their wines have altered and developed over the years.
- Port or Sherry Tasting – an in-depth look and the region, wines and producers.
- Whisky Tasting – a highly educational tasting with a flight of five tastings.
Our events are all bespoke and we will plan the tasting in line with your requirements, needs and budget. Albany Events will provide all glasses and tasting equipment, food where appropriate and any other specifics to meet our client’s brief.
For your event, please contact us to discuss your needs and we can create a package for you and your guests.
Albany Events are not a sales-orientated company. Wines are sourced from local suppliers and can easily be purchased by guests in the future. The key objective is for guests to enjoy the event and the wines without feeling pressured into purchasing in the future.